Edward P. Akin
Edward (Pete) P. Akin, Esq., was born in Houston Texas and has practiced law since 2001. He is a graduate of Southwestern University, University of Texas at Austin, University of California, Los Angeles and Notre Dame School of Law (J.D., 2001), where he served as Articles Editor for the Journal of Legislation.
Pete is a litigation partner. Clients include builders in construction-related disputes and civil ligation in a wide range of cases, including labor and employment disputes, intellectual property and occasionally personal injury.
Pete has handled cases in Ohio Courts, State and Federal, as well as Federal Courts in Michigan and Indiana on a pro hac vice basis. A sampling of results include:
- Summary Judgment in favor of a civil RICO Defendant
- Summary Judgment for a Plaintiff in a zoning case
- Summary Judgment in favor of a religious body, sustained on appeal in zoning proceeding
- Summary Judgment for a Defendant in a collection action, U.S. District Court for the E.D. Michigan
- Defense verdicts at trial for client on commercial lease disputes
- Secured dismissal of claims, pre-hearing, in arbitration for commercial client
- Secured dismissal of employment related claims against builder
Pete and his wife Molly have two grown daughters and enjoy spending time with their German Shepherds, travel and bicycling.
Pete is a member of Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL), Class XI.
Pete is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio and Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Assistant to Edward P. Akin:
(513) 241-0400 Ext. 3020